Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Full Moon November 2012


The full moon will come during the night tonight (November 27-28, 2012) for us in North America, and it comes with some interesting features. That is, in 2012, the November full moon gives the world its smallest full moon of the year – and in North America, a subtle, penumbral eclipse of the moon before sunrise November 28. Meanwhile, those in the world’s Eastern Hemisphere – Europe, Africa, Asia, Indonesia, Australia and New Zealand – will see this penumbral lunar eclipse after sunset November 28. A penumbral eclipse is not very dramatic…just a shading of the moon.. so don’t wake up expecting to see a red moon or a big black bite taken out of it.
I remember running outside with John and Lauren when they were in grammar school to see an eclipse …but we have so many trees in our yard it was impossible…they were very cute lying in the grass trying to see it though, and we did it every single time an eclipse occurred...which brings me to my story of the month.
My parents have sold their house and moved to Florida. This move caused them to downsize and they gave away a lot of their “stuff”. My gift was not one that I would ever have chosen, rather it was chosen for me by my son years and years ago when we were all sitting around my mom’s dining room table and she asked us what we would want from her house when she moved. While everyone was pondering their wish list 13 year old John piped up with “ I want this table”. I was shocked…at his speedy response and the bold choice! I asked him why the heck would you want the table? He quickly replied that he would like the table because when he used it he would be able to remember all the fun times we had as a family. Needless to say, no one was able to top that response … but what struck me was that a little boy would …or could…come up with such insight! It was stunning and really silenced us all!
Well, that table is now sitting in my kitchen and I think of John every time I set it…the kid who knew at such an early age that the memories you create are important and matter. I hope that my grandchildren think the same of me…that I took the time to make them feel loved. I don’t think John cared about the actual food. I KNOW he didn’t give a hoot about the china or the linens…it was the love he felt, the laughs and the feeling of belonging to a group…and that is what I wish for you this holiday. I hope that you can find a way to impart that feeling to those you love…because it is a gift worth spending the time to cultivate. It is not easy, you have to adapt as life moves on…but if you keep your mission one of establishing a loving and accepting home you may be lucky enough to have someone ask for your table someday! Much love to you all and my sincere wishes that you are successful with this one!

1 comment:

Trikle Trade said...

Great work you have done in article,thanks for sharing.
Random Acts of Kindness
Best Pay It Forward Stories