Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May

Full Flower Moon – not that you wouldn’t have guesses but it is called this because in most areas, flowers are abundant everywhere during this time.
I have been anxious to write my blog this month because I have been thinking about the topic for weeks!!! Everyone who knew John would agree that he was special in many ways…well beyond his musical ability. And I have tried to document his gifts as I write …but as the third anniversary of his death approaches I have had the opportunity to notice that probably his most special talent was picking friends…
It goes without saying that I miss him every day..but it is astounding how many other people still think of him. I have noticed that a friend of John’s may make a comment on Facebook about him and immediately others will respond… and it has made me think…wow… these kids still think of him..how lucky was he to have found these people…
And that led me to wonder just what would make people feel that way about you…because it is incredible the number of them who find the time to help the foundation…when it would be so easy not to…but they either come, or donate, or help…they never forget…always there for him..as special as he was.
So that is my message this month…to really think about that…what would people think about you when you are gone…would they be there…forever…as John’s friend s are? When I think about his life I remember my mother’s expressions: “Water seeks its own level “and “You are judged by the company you keep”. This has proven true year after year for John…he was so extraordinary and he attracted people who were just as special...so try to seek out people like this to surround yourself with this month and see what good comes of it…
Good luck and hope to see you June 4th or 5th !!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We miss John everyday. He was such a love and a wonderful part of our family.